Latvian Government is now accepting applications for ‘Study Scholarships’ to pursue undergraduate, master and PhD degree. These scholarships are available to international students for the academic year 2019-2020.
Scholarships are offered to foreign students, researchers and teaching staff who have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies for studies, research and participation in summer schools.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Citizens from countries which have signed an agreement with Latvia or offer scholarships for Latvian citizens can apply for the Latvian state scholarships;
- Applications for bachelor`s and the first level of professional higher education studies will be accepted from students who have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies (at their home higher education institution or at a Latvian higher education institution, if they already have been studying in Latvia) at the moment of application (February, March 2019);
- Scholarships for bachelor`s and master`s studies are granted for one academic year –a time period up to 10 months (for PhD-students – up to 11 months);
- Scholarship for master`s studies in the study programmes of Latvian philology, Latvian literature, Latvian culture and Latvian history can be granted for two academic years, i.e. for the duration of master`s study programme;
- Nationality: Citizens from countries which have signed an Agreement can apply for these Latvian government scholarships.
The amount of the Latvian state scholarship for studies is:
– for bachelor and master students – 500 EUR per month;
– for PhD students – 670 EUR per month.
All study programmes in English at Latvian higher education institutions are not free of charge. The Latvian scholarship holder can use the scholarship for
In any month in which the foreign student is present in the territory of Latvia for less than 15 calendar
The Latvian scholarship cannot be awarded concurrently with other scholarships.
Travel expenses from a home country to and from Latvia are not covered by the Latvian scholarship.
Scholarship holders are required to make their own arrangements for insurance coverage.
Scholarships for applicants from one country may not exceed 10%
The list of accepted candidates will be published on the website of VIAA www.viaa.gov.lv/scholarships at the beginning of June 2019. All candidates will receive an official decision sent by e-mail in June 2019 and will be available on the profile of the candidate on the on-line application system.
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, write to: email@example.com.