Dates: 3–7 April 2019
Turkey’s unique art event dedicated to engaging emerging artists with new collectors, galleries and curators returns this spring, providing an important platform for 50 up-and-coming creative talents working in a range of disciplines throughout Turkey.
Dedicated to engaging up-and-coming artists with new collectors, galleries and curators, Mamut Art Project will be back this spring, providing a dynamic platform for emerging creative talent working in a range of disciplines throughout Turkey and abroad.
Mamut Art Project is a rent-free platform, offering undiscovered artists the opportunity to showcase their works in 10 square metres of exhibition space for free. As well as providing curatorial guidance, PR support and network opportunities during the exhibition, Mamut Art Project is also proud to give professional advice on the careers of each participating artist after the exhibition.
Sponsored by Akkök Holding, the 7th edition of Mamut Art Project will be held in April, 2019 at Istanbul’s KüçükÇiftlik Park.
How Does It Work?
We accept applications from independent contemporary artists (without any restrictions of age or medium) during our 2 month application period. Next, our jury of 5, which changes each year, determine who gets to participate in our upcoming project.
Each selected artist gets 10 sqm. of individual space, to show their work to Turkey’s most known collectors, curators and gallery owners, and also to art lovers throughout the event (4 days + preview night).
Art lovers discover new artists each year and take their first steps into collecting art with our affordable art concept.
How to Apply
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org including all the information listed below. The deadline for the applications is December 1st, 2018.
Prior to applying, please ensure you have read through “How to Apply” and “Reqs to Apply” under the title “Applications” from the menu on the left.
To have sent an application will directly mean that you accept the terms written under part “Reqs to Apply”.
It will be very helpful if you could prepare a single PDF document with all the needed information and images.
If you will not be sending all your info on just one document: Please do not write your personal information (or CV) in the e-mail but on a separate Word or PDF file you will be sending as an attachment.
You can also send large files via WeTransfer.
Please be sure to have the following documents ready:
- Personal Information (you will see the details below)
- Your CV (including your profile picture)
- Project Description
- Images of your work
- Image details (Name, Size, Material and Year of Production)
Personal information that should be included in your application:
- Name-Last Name
- Date of Birth (Day/Month/Year)
- Medium (Painting, Photography, Video, Installation…etc.)
- Phone No.
- If you would like to share: your Instagram Account or / and your website
Since selected artists will be contacted by the contact details provided, it is important to provide an up-to-date email address and/or telephone number
- Your CV and,
- Project Description (even a sentence would be enough). Be sure that your writing is clear and understandable.
- Your images should be of high quality, clear, in-focus and well-lit
- You should have a cohesive set of images by sending us one body of work. If you want to apply with different series, please state that in your application.
- Each work has to be photographed individually
- Photographs of details of your work will also be helpful
- Make sure to include detailed information about each work (name, size, material and year of production)
For Video & Sound Art works please send us a link where we would be able to see (or hear) your work. If you want to send us large videos or sound documents, please use WeTransfer.
If these two options are not available for you, you can always send a CD to our office address:
Mamut Art Project, Büyükdere Caddesi No:245, USO Center, Kat:11, Maslak, 34398, Istanbul, Turkey
MORE INFO HERE