Deadline: 21 November 2018
Dates: 25– 31 May 2019
G(irls)20 is coming to Japan for the 10th annual Global Summit. 20+ young women from around the world will arrive in Tokyo for a week of leadership training, social enterprise development and mentoring by female leaders in the business and public sectors. Delegates contribute the economic and social issues facing girls & women in their countries to a Communiqué delivered to world leaders in advance of the G20 Summit and leave the Summit with increased confidence, new skills, and a global network that will allow them to make change as a community and global advocates!
The G(irls)20 Summit is modeled after the G20 Summit and culminates in a one-day symposium with local and international panelists, keynotes, and experts on economic and social issues facing girls and women.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years old to apply, and must not be older than 23 years old in May 2019. Date of birth must be between May 30, 1995 – January 1, 2001.
- Holds or can obtain a valid passport
G20 Members: • Argentina • Australia • Brazil • Canada • China • France • Germany • India • Indonesia • Italy • Japan • Republic of Korea • Mexico • Russia • South Africa • Turkey • United Kingdom • United States • European Union
*Please note G(irls)20 will not accept applications for the Saudi Arabia position in 2019.
Participating Regions: • Pakistan • African Union • MENA (Includes: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait,
Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen) • Indigenous*
*Please note the Indigenous delegate position is open to any young woman from around the world who belongs to a self-identified Indigenous group. Indigenous peoples, as defined by the United Nations: “are inheritors and practitioners of unique cultures and ways of relating to people and the environment. They have retained social, cultural, economic and political characteristics that are distinct from those of the dominant societies in which they live. Despite their cultural differences, indigenous peoples from around the world share common problems related to the protection of their rights as distinct peoples”.
G(irls)20 will cover the following costs for all delegates:
- Flights to and from Tokyo from their nearest major city
- Transportation to and from the airport in Tokyo
- Accommodation in a shared room with one other female delegate
- All meals during the week
- Costs associated with travel visas
Applications will be open from Oct 31st – November 21st. Applications CLOSE on Wednesday, November 21st at 15:00/3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5).
- This application will not save if you navigate away. We recommend you copy the questions into a document and work on the application offline.
- Please complete all questions to the best of your ability
- You must also upload a high-resolution headshot and a video submission with this application
- You must complete this application in English